Monday, March 21, 2016

Only 2.5 days left!

Well, we came for 2.5 months and now we only have 2.5 days to go here in Holetown before winging our way home again.

It seems to be a regular pattern but about 10 days before you have to leave, your head starts filling with lists of all the things you "have to do" when you get home.  I guess that is one of the best parts of being here in this suspended reality for 10 weeks.

I don't call it a vacation - it is my "other place where I live"- like a far away cottage. There are still daily routines - meals to cook, laundry to do, grocery shopping etc. - just with a view, and climate, I much prefer during the snowy season. But usually, there is nothing that I "have to do" like there is at home. And that in itself is pretty incredible.

We did have another rainy day since I last posted and I got a bit more done on Joseph: The Technicolour Moose. He is looking quite colourful and I am nearly finished the doodles - and I do have a colour plan for the last little bits. Now to figure out background and perhaps border, which I have been sketching away at.


This doodle hooking really is a fun thing to do. Such freedom to hook whatever comes into your head. And I am sure that even this moose, in the hands and heads of 10 different hookers, would turn out completely different.

Can't wait to see what happens in the class at Trent. Once we have doodled and start hooking what we create. (Still no up to date website information there, so if you are interested in signing up, please send an email to Mary Jane Mustard mjmrughkr@gmail.com 

1 comment:

Claire Q. said...

WOW! Your moose is absolutely stunning Wendie!!! Congratulations.

IT'S NOT HARD, IT'S NEW!

I love this expression. So much so that I bought a t-shirt that says so. I bought this from a knitwear designer I started following a few ye...